As part of my unit for my final year I have pitched to create an iOS app using Swift 3. The app aims to reduce the food waste that happens at home. This inspiration comes from my experience as a sous chef at a Thai restaurant where we are taught to cook efficiently with minimum waste. And as a student I have seen a lot of fellow students struggle to be efficient with their ingredients.
The key features of the app are:
- Remind the user when their item is due to expire.
- Show recommended recipes based on the ingredients that the users has.
- Give advice on ways to store and use items as efficiently and wast-free as possible.
I will be responsible for all areas of this app and therefore responsible for time managing throughout the process of production.
My role will be:
- Research and planning.
- Wireframe and UI designs (Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- API and Database (Firebase).
- Version control (Github).
- Development (Xcode).
- Video trailer (After Effects).
- Graduate Exhibition.
Visit the website: http://www.foodbulb.co.uk